Anytime a famous person's death is published in the news, the first thought I have is, Did their eternal soul go to heaven or hell? Admittedly, I only know that I am saved and going to heaven and I cannot possibly know about anyone else.
However, I do know from the Bible that worldly fame can't take anyone to heaven.
The only one who can save is Jesus Christ. By faith in Him you can be saved, guaranteeing you a place in heaven for all eternity, regardless of your popularity, talent, or wealth.
Did Andy Griffith ever place his faith for salvation in Jesus Christ and Him alone? Only he and God know that. Of course we saw Andy Griffith play likeable, kind, and decent characters on television for many years, but those are of course just TV characters and nothing more. One thing is certain, the only thing that matters to Andy Griffith now is his relationship with Jesus Christ.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved ...
- Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
- John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
God is not impressed with worldly fame, great riches or professional talent.
God sent His only begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for Andy Griffith's sins. God offered him the free gift of eternal life, if only he would believe on Jesus Christ and call out to Him for salvation. God gave Andy Griffith 86 years to accept the free gift of eternal life.
Did he ever receive Jesus as his personal Saviour? If not, it is eternally too late for him.
But it is not yet too late for you.
Posted by "In Whom We Have Redemption Blog".
What must I do to be saved?